A Super Creamy Palak Paneer For A Hearty & Healthy Dinner With Hot Piping Rotis
The classic creamy green palak paneer recipe goes perfectly with your naan. A simple but hearty lunch; we pick this for every Sunday lunch if you aren’t stepping out. Easy and perfectly healthy, this recipe is for keeps.
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped
- ½ cup paneer (cottage cheese), cubed into ½ inch pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5-6 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry fenugreek leaves
- 3 ½ tablespoons fresh cream
- Oil or ghee
- After having thoroughly washed the spinach clean, boil in salted water for about 2 minutes. Using a sieve drain out the water and transfer the spinach to a bowl full of cold water and let it rest for about a minute. Using a sieve again drain out the excess water and place the spinach in a blender. Add to this the ginger, green chilies and ¼ cup water.
- Grind these ingredients until you obtain a smooth green paste, set this spinach puree aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the paneer cubes, shallow fry them till each side turns a light golden brown. Transfer these to a plate and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and place the chopped onion, once they turn translucent add the crushed garlic and stir-fry for less than a minute.
- Now add the spinach puree that you had set aside along with some salt and cook for about 2-3 minutes while stirring. Pour in about 1/3 cup water, mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Once the gravy begins to boil add the paneer cubes, after letting this cook for about 3-4 minutes add the lemon juice, fenugreek leaves and mix well. Turn the heat off and stir in the cream.
- Your palak paneer is ready! Serve hot with warm naan or rice!
Photo Courtesy Of: Madishetty Manasa